Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.
―Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Welcome to Errant Ruminant*
. . . the official web presence for Todd Warner.
Todd and his wife Monica live on and farm a small homestead in North Carolina (USA). When not chasing errant beasties and mending fences, they both serve as real estate brokers operating throughout the Raleigh-Durham region. Additionally, Todd continues to dabble in various technical (computer) projects, all the while striving to carve out some time to write.† Alas, the writing often gets short shrift as he commonly finds himself distracted by the responsibilities associated with wide-open acreage, fitful weather, and of course, errant ruminants.
This site is intended to capture at least some of that activity.
If you wish to contact Todd, please review the details found here.
Curriculum vitae minimus
- Farmer, Tandem Farms: honey bees, poultry, ruminants, a smidge of gardening
- Real Estate Broker, Tandem Realty: helping people buy and sell homes
- Writer: journaling, blogging, poems, essays, memoirs, stories, freelance editing, and a novel in progress
- Open Source Contributor: hacking, documentation, packaging, and other technical dabblings
- Soldier, US military: combat arms
- Tech Drone, several software companies: coding, engineering manager, product manager, technical sales, documentation, marketing
- Journalist/Columnist, a fintech ezine: biweekly columnist
Publications, Works in Progress, Blogs‡
—submitted to two literary journals, Jan 15, 2023
- Personal Narrative (creative nonfiction): The Five-Second Rule
County Lines is a well-respected literary journal. It's largely a regional (North Carolina) journal but receives submissions from the world over. I was proud to have my short personal narrative included in their 10th-anniversary volume.
- Personal Narrative: Date Night: Misadventures in Teen Romance
County Lines, vol 7, 2020
_—published, Dec 1, 2019, ISBN 9781700507600 - (Amazon)
County Lines is a well-respected literary journal. It's largely a regional (North Carolina) journal but receives submissions from the world over. I was honored to have two of my poems included in this marvelous anthology.
- Poem: Crepuscular Dreams
- Poem: That Dog
Saeculum (a novel)
—status: 1st draft ~75% complete (i.e., still a work in progress)
With the world on the brink of collapse, a North Carolina farmer endures a terrible tragedy only to have responsibility thrust upon him in the form of a girl on the run.
Personal—whatever scratches my itch
Todd's musings and ruminations—a reflective, instructive, prescriptive, and (hopefully) constructive blog covering . . . all the things.
Makin' Hay (blog)
Farming, food, agriculture, the environment
Farm stories and perspectives . . . Tandem Farms.
Errant Ruminant / ˈɛɹənt ˈru mə nənt /
- an individual who strives to break free from the flock, venturing out on their own—if even only for a moment—in search of something better, unique, more meaningful, or fulfilling
- a deep yet original thinker
- a particularly adventurous sheep, goat, cow, or deer
Todd can sometimes be found typing away in various cafes and libraries scattered throughout the North Carolina Piedmont, but more often than not, you can find him tied to his writer's desk at home on the farm. If you wish to contact Todd, please review the contact details found [here].
Missing from this list are the gobs of corporate work I have performed (marketing and technical writing), as well as the articles written during my stint as a columnist for a small fintech publication.