Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle.
―Lewis Carroll, "Alice in Wonderland"
Welcome to Errant Ruminant*—Todd Warner's digital homestead—a repository of musings and ruminations on farming, tech, writing and more.
Todd and his wife Monica live on and farm a small homestead in North Carolina (USA). When not chasing errant beasts and mending fences, they both serve as real estate brokers operating throughout the Raleigh-Durham region. Additionally, Todd continues to dabble in various technical (computer) projects all the while striving to carve out some time to write.† Alas, the writing often gets short shrift as he commonly finds himself distracted by the responsibilities associated to wide-open acreage, fitful weather, and of course, errant ruminants.
This site is intended to capture at least some of that activity.
If you wish to contact Todd,
please review the details found here.
Curriculum vitae minimus
- Soldier: US military—combat arms
- Tech Drone: software company—coding, engineering manager, product manager, technical sales, documentation, marketing
- Journalist/Columnist: fintech ezine—biweekly columnist
- Open Source Contributor: hacking, documentation, packaging, and other technical dabblings
- Farmer/Homesteader: honey bees, poultry, ruminants, a smidge of gardening—Tandem Farms
- Real Estate Broker: helping people buy and sell homes—Tandem Realty
- Writer: journaling, blogging, poetry, personal essays, memoirs, short stories, freelance editing, and a novel in the works
Publications, Works in Progress, Blogs‡
County Lines, a Literary Journal, vol 7, 2020
—published, Dec 1, 2019
County Lines is a well-respected regional literary journal. I was honored to have two of my poems included in this marvelous anthology.
- Crepuscular Dreams
- That Dog
Saeculum (a novel)
—status: 1st draft ~75% complete (i.e., still a work in progress)
With the world on the brink of collapse, a North Carolina farmer endures a terrible tragedy only to have responsibility thrust upon him in the form of a girl on the run.
Personal—whatever scratches my itch
Todd's musings and ruminations—a reflective, instructive, prescriptive, and (hopefully) constructive blog covering . . . all-the-things.
Makin' Hay (blog)
Farming, food, agriculture, the environment
Farm stories and perspectives . . . Tandem Farms.
* Errant Ruminant / ˈɛɹənt ˈru mə nənt /
- an individual who strives to break free from the flock, venturing out on their own—if even only for a moment—in search of something better, unique, more meaningful, or fulfilling
- a deep, yet original, thinker
- a particularly adventurous sheep, goat, cow, or deer
† Todd can sometimes be found typing away in various cafes and libraries scattered throughout the North Carolina Piedmont, but more often then not, you can find him tied to his writer's desk at home on the farm. If you wish to contact Todd, please review the contact details found here.
‡ Missing from this list are the gobs of corporate work I have performed (marketing and technical writing), as well as the articles written during my stint as a columnist for a small fintech publication.
Published June 19, 2019 || Updated February 28, 2020